Saturday, November 22, 2008

when chips are down

on a whim i brought you home,
laughed, devoured you and made a mess,
how silly of me
today, on impulse i retuned to find a new one,
that old bag tickled my fancy,
but clearly is empty

sitting quietly, I see you there looking good
in your eye-catching luminous wrapper,
although, desire now has left me, i realize
i was searching for the old zing, like the first time,
I’m sorry it turned out that way, don’t think bad of me,
let potato chips fall where they may

3 comments:

TomC said...

Well put... makes me want to grab a fistful right now and start munching.

Anonymous said...

Good words for good eating.
Have you prefered the fistfull of white wild rice ?

jack sender said...

Tom, thanks for stepping up.

Anonymous - I have no idea, no idea in the least, and in the most, I have no idea here, there or anywhere, plus or minus all things,
what in the sweet names of George and Gracie you are asking.