Sunday, December 28, 2008

options

often i’ll take the option
to recall some of the days
and i’ll imagine how your doing
so far away

maybe there is no answer
there’s so little to say
there’s just a feeling that we live with
even that is going to go someday

going through the paces
very empty spaces with new people around me
we’ll both pick up, find new luck
it’s all meant to be

maybe there is no answer
but i’ll recall your words of fire,
i’ll imagine the nights I held you
and played in strong desire

how easy it would be to pick up the phone
when i have you on mind
we’d just remember then, and say the same old things again
so, babe, maybe some other time

later there will be another,
i‘ll ask her to stay
but I’ll imagine how you’re doing,
oh, so far away, so very far away

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the 'baby, maybe' internal rhyme here.

jack sender said...

I appreciate a comment. I couldn’t let this one lie, because this piece was special to me. The rhyme was for me eternal as well as internal.

This one was from a song I wrote more than thirty years ago.

The “words of fire” were just that. It was a time of youth and passion. When life was open wide to options. I am happy to have preserved the words and put them out now.

These lines ring true. I think everyone can relate. We take steps, and once in a while we look back to so very long ago.