Wednesday, February 18, 2009

letter to you

like a letter to you
it’s practically personal when I say
how’s it going? You doing okay?
take car of yourself, someone has to

we’re doing fine, the best we can
I said to take car but I meant take care, cause i was thinking
to mention we bought a car
did I tell you before?

we know our way around the city well because
we know the bus lines from years of practice riding
we just don’t drive where the tram goes
they go on tracks, and so far we don’t

I’d write a poem with birds and flowers
but we live our hours in the city
so this is filled with double parking and pedestrians
still, it’s so very stone old that it’s kind of pretty

hey, I’ve got to go now
time to turn down the lamps
I know this is a strange way to write you
but I’ve saved on the stamps

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jack, A car in Rome? I thought you might have got a scooter! I don't mind driving on the wrong side of the road but I hate driving on the wrong side of the car, although I guess that wouldn't apply to you...

jack sender said...

Gave my scooter away a decade ago.

I may still be on the American Embassy Security Blooper Reel for a spectacular rear wheel run along the entire length of their front gate before falling.