Wednesday, May 13, 2009

one size fits all

to the airport
saw a crowd of dignitaries
military and police flood a special gate
Prince Charles came and left earlier this week
wasn’t him
tom hanks and ron howard were in town the other day

in the lounge it was me
and an old fart man
wearing a dorkhead teal mesh golf cap
as he stared into space
coughed
no, he didn’t cover his mouth

then saw me looking at him
as he sat there
with his drooling mouth hung open
I looked at him, he looked at me
just like prince Charles, we were waiting
for a plane

6 comments:

TomC said...

Dorkhead... I can just picture that... with the hat resting lightly on top, kind of coming to a point, cone like instead of round. Hey, are you sure that wasn't me?! You could have at least said "Hi".

Annie said...

Hey, You changed it again! I was wondering how you got this one past the censors! ~ Annie

jack sender said...

hi tomc

annie,

dork - USA pejorative slang for a quirky, silly and/or stupid, socially inept person, or one who is out of touch with contemporary trends. Often confused with nerd and geek, but does not imply the same intelligence level.

tomc talked me into it. he said it was ok.

Annie said...

Yes, but the other word is sooooooooooo expressive! (Actually, dorkhead is a clever twist.) Either way, the poem's made me laugh, and I can just picture him!

Proper Joe's said...

Yeah, great images here Jack!
I always thought Dork was Australian slang, but maybe I used to watch too much tv!!

jack sender said...

P.J.,

i was just looking for an available subsitute for dickhead.

dorkhead was created for the moment after a friendly opposition to my first choice "dickhead".

i like the clever stuff you've been doing this year, andy. on my site i can confess that i just don't have the brains for that construction.

sorry i will miss you in Roma this year. I'd like to have a sandwich and beer with you.