Tuesday, December 29, 2009

enough jack

there was jack london
and jack kennedy
course it started with
jack the baptist

i know they called him that
oh, yeah, i almost forgot where
i was gong with this
i’m changing my name

you can call me nabisco
it was either that or shell oil
i didn’t want to work to make my name famous
thought I’d start known and work down from there

my choice of name was made carefully
more than my parents did when they named me
late comer, number three
they already used their favorite boy name and the girl name

i was nine years later
lucky they didn’t call me the first thing out of their mouth
“You’re What?” or
“Holy Shit”

1 comment:

Andy Sewina said...

Nice one Thingy, my Nicola tells everyone that we named our Jack after Jack the ripper, of course we didn't, he's actually named after his great grandfather who's buried in Napoli.