Saturday, February 27, 2010

i was born on

i was born on Steinbeck’s birthday
and have always liked the smell of ocean
also born the same day as Elizabeth Taylor
but haven’t married eight times . . . yet

i also share my day with Emperor Constantine
his year of birth is debatable,
you'd think they'd have kept better records
on leaders of the civilized world

just guessing now, but i
could have been born on Moses birthday
but his calendar didn’t have a February
anyway i’m of Polish descent not Egyptian

and if i were to leave my homeland, for sure
i'd never take thousands of people with me
and irritate the Pharaoh so terribly
that he'd chase me with his army



oh, and Longfellow's birthday too,
can't forget about him
else thing have to do
is write dis all again

2 comments:

Julie said...

Dang...I just typed a really witty comment (not) and accidentally closed your site instead of hiding it, because I didn't want the boss to see me reading. It's lunch and he doesn't care, but it's none of his business. Now I'm just winging it.

Double dang...I just realized I missed your birthday. I hope it was a good one.

I'd love to irritate the Pharoah, but that's probably not a good thing to do. It's better to stay incognito, right?

You were born on a good day, because it's the day Jack Sender was born. Of course, I love the poem.

jack sender said...

well, thanks to your comment i realized that i had the last two stanzas out of order.

it's what i get for working them on a document and then redoing and rushing when i post.

sometimes, when i get to having too much of a good time, intent interferes with content. Either that, or it's another reason i need a secretary.