Wednesday, February 17, 2010

thank

thanks for looking
attention is a starting point
for rounds beyond bounds, yes it is
thanks for being you,
you have something on your sleeve there

every encounter
your pleasant manner charms
i know it isn’t easy
there’s certainly plenty with which to contend
i thought someone was checking invitations

you do well
i’ve got to say
my friend, see you again
another day
that’s his mother’s coat i recognize it

when you don’t quite understand
what is going on
it’s always better
to keep one hand
on your wallet

2 comments:

Where are my blogs? said...

Whoa! Unexpected ending there!

Julie said...

I can vividly picture this scene. The lines make a great beat for what is going on. Actually, the last stanza is great advice. It made me smile, yet it's not really something to smile about. How do you always do that to me? Hee hee. I enjoyed it very much, Jack.