Wednesday, July 14, 2010

the son also sleeps

it’s a doggie dog world
look it up.
that cracked me up when I read it,
you know it has the clang of truth.

it’s a doggie dog world,
that’s why my son is having therapy
for a shoulder he took on a bad job of rock climbing
and that doctors sewed upon.

taking naps is safer.
his daughter sees summer slipping away.
he denies the truth,
however, being father makes one old

and consequently forgetful.
i don’t think he hit his head.
hope the old fart remembers
to brush his teeth and change his shorts.

daughter is right,
summer is slipping along at high speed.

m. is locked in at high speed warp factor,
and worries too much.
i worry if she is too tired
to make something good for dinner.

last week she picked blue berries
while i waited,
sat on a bench, read,
and between customers talked to Pseudo Farmer

who lives in Ohio two months each year
in a house built in 1822, fantastic, huh?
and the rest of the time is in Montanna,
no relation to Hannah.

Ohio is 90 degrees,
has been for a month
and will continue warm.
sweet corn is good.

i am too.
half as good as her blue berry pie,
i ate it.
these are words to live by.

7 comments:

Annie said...

Give M. a hug, and help her with the dinner. It will do wonders for her outlook. I'd rather be rock climbing and hurting my shoulder, than taking a nap- so long as I don't hit my head!

jack sender said...

where have you been,
taking a nap?
i put this post up four minutes ago.
didn't the alarm wake you?

jack sender said...

oh, and, Annie,
thank you for the comment.
another thing -
you won't hurt your head taking a nap
unless you fall off the couch.

TomC said...

Sounds like you are having a genuine sweltering summer there... nothing that a little blueberry pie ala mode won't help a lot though.

Ruahines said...

Kia ora Jack,
I like mountains and naps, but try not to climb rocks unless I really have to. The sweet corn and pie read as delicous. It has been the coldest week of the year here, so a little of that waning Ohio summer over this way would save me some firewood. Who would even have dreamed of equating Montana with Hannah a few years ago?
Cheers,
Robb

jack sender said...

I see someone stumbled on this site
by searching, “path trend on tree planting
and its relation to mathematics”.
I love it.

Robb,
With no TV I can honestly say
I’ve never seen Hannah Montana,
but I name the state and she comes to mind.
This poem-like is a mishmash like the word itself.
I was going to pull it quickly,
but it reflects what is going on,
and for me that is what poetry is –
a reflection of what is.

sweet corn and blueberry pie
is summer in Ohio.

best to you.
I envy a view of the mountains.

TomC,
I was being careful
so my comment would follow yours.
As in life, there are surprises as to how things turn out.

ala mode - now you’re talking, adding touches and calories. I’m all for it.

Annie said...

Hi Jack,
I like that term: poem-like. I have a lot of those, and they are useful, as a chronicle of life in the moment. Thanks for yours!