Friday, May 31, 2019

hospital lobby

in the lobby i met another jack,
a hospital volunteer, he began talking to me;
explained, because he hit his head
and can't remember names, his wife left him.
i told Jack he'd probably remember my name.
(i wanted him to feel better so i didn't tell him
he probably wouldn't remember my face.)
every few minutes he told me about banging his head
while having fun playing the Rascals and the Turtles on his phone.
i wanted to read my book but he
held the music coming out of his phoneclose to my face.
i pulled back to focus my eyes on the phone,
but he said there was nothing to read on the phone.
i had to listen to the music.
he asked if i liked the rascals and the turtles
and i said "i think i did fifty years ago,  i don't remember."
Jack said they are his favorite groups.
they still are.
he saw them in concert.

only three of us were in the lobby.
a thin, slight, 20 year old roofer
moved closer to us to be nearer the festivities.
he wore old, worn, jeans,
no socks or shoes.
i first noticed him because he had, "no shirt?"
said he "got soaked."
a half-hour before it rained a storm's worth in five minutes.
i told him we were both named jack and asked his name,
i don't remember his name,
maybe the other jack does.
i asked why he's in hospital.
said, "a lump on my knee is getting larger...
insurance expires in two days."


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I quite like looking through an article that can make people think.
Also, thanks for allowing for me to comment!

Anonymous said...

What's up mates, how is everything, and what you desire to say
concerning this post, in my view its truly awesome for
me.

Anonymous said...

With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any problems of
plagorism or copyright infringement? My site has a lot of completely
unique content I've either written myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over
the internet without my authorization. Do you know any techniques to help
reduce content from being ripped off? I'd definitely appreciate it.