Monday, March 24, 2008

menu

she is worried about my cognitive ability
because i can’t read a menu

i haven’t been able to read a menu for thirty years
ever since john belushi on saturday night live
did that hamburger, cheeseburger, pepsi skit

when i get a menu i want one choice
take it or leave it
i don’t want to sit and read atlas shrugged

if i want something special
i’ll ask for it
“could you give my onions to the cat, please?”

the kiss principle- keep it simple, stupid
let’s remember that
i go to restaurants to eat
when i want to read i’ll go to the library

2 comments:

TomC said...

Jack... I have read every one of these puppies and just now figured out how to comment. Stay tuned for stuff from the peanut gallery. Overall, I am having a great time reading your observations. For one thing, they are just short enough to hold my limited attention.
Tom

jack sender said...

thank you, tom

i deliberately keep entries short
to preserve my own attention span

jack