Sunday, September 28, 2008

a quick call

just before cell phones i was
by the wharf in san Francisco,
ten in the morning, had to make a quick call to my agent,
as i was getting out of the phone booth
a guy appeared out ‘a nowhere, average looking guy

he wasn’t waiting for the phone
but came right up, crowded by the door so i couldn’t exit,
inches from my face, and said rather hard
“if I had a gun i could ‘a shot you.”
then he walked quickly away

i was stunned by the threat,
yelled, “Hey!” at him, he kept going,
now, years later i remember that
nut and wonder if he
ever got a gun

2 comments:

Andy Sewina said...

I like the way you've recorded this memory - an unknown character, the nut! - makes me want to know more.

jack sender said...

There is no more to the story.
It was fast and that was it. Reminds me of the thin life line we all walk upon.