Tuesday, September 16, 2008

town in my head

the old town’s in my head
or so my wife said
and looking around
i tend to believe her

cause it isn’t all here
like the market that was there
where is it now?
gone, i can’t see it

the pressed tin ceiling, wide wood floors,
tall shelves, the old doors,
a large revolving fan,
the man wiping his hands on his apron?

there locals gathered
to talk while they shopped
amid the chatter
stories were swapped

over the years changes were made,
so where did they go
the kids and the folks
that i can hardly remember?

now, even the lot’s vacant
but that was the corner
that had the store
that is no more, except what’s in my head

2 comments:

Andy Sewina said...

Hi Jack, really cool poetry and I love your pictures too!
Andy

jack sender said...

Thanks, Andy.
I tried to leave a comment on my art blog to you, but am having technical problems leaving a comment there. (?)

I'll be checking your blogs.