Thursday, June 11, 2009

oiling

was putting linseed oil on the plank floors of my lab,
it used to be the cookhouse
back when it was constructed in 1838,
as i do, the old place needs tender maintenance

my knees ache from today’s labor
but i cleaned up, and one more section’s finished
M. went out to town for food shopping,
she’ll put a fine meal together by sundown

now sitting here typing, working these words out
i see she just drove in the drive, and it’s a good thing,
though life together isn't always a bowl of cherries
i’d sure miss her if she wasn’t around

too bad we couldn’t just oil up each other,
rub it in slowly with a nice soft cloth
in easy circular motions
until we both looked and felt like new

6 comments:

TomC said...

Amazing grace in those words Jack... amazing grace.

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jack sender said...

thanks tom and annie.

Here is an example of how even simple lines are interpreted differently.

Tom I think got my intention. You see it was practically a love story cause I said I’d miss her.

Annie, you’re a woman - into sensitivity.

I was talking a paint job and a happy pill. Earl sheib, any car, any color – 29.95 looking good!

Anonymous, Perla, Oblima, Aria and the many other names you have used – to answer: I throw out your comments because you stalk me – have shown up outside my apartment in Rome, and never acknowledge that I have a wife. go away.
It takes time to write and it is difficult when distracted.

Anonymous said...

No exist many other names. I work and I'm anonymous for this. You know it. Respectful me please. Go away your bad comment who disturbed me in my listen-work.

alba said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What so much angry about amazing poetry ? No a stalker but i'm a doctor and more a woman who writed also and published, no poetry (so there i'm anonymous) but who venture into difficult reading it, trying to understand you since at beginning. There are Europeen's editors who could like your talent and very sensitive writting. Is't a other way, a public way (no internet) outside all fear and jealousy !
(these comments can be published).