Saturday, January 23, 2010

if in a slip stream through time

if in a slip stream through time
to pop up more than a decade ago, behind myself
just walking out the door. dressed for the day,
then on the road where traffic flows the same

a stop for a coffee in an old bar
that hasn’t gone modern, then to enter
the appointed place at the appointed time
with a last look toward the sun as i walk in the door

only half wondering at the time
if ever will i think about this day again
bring it back, this pleasant air, happy i am,
a least knowing, what a gift it is to be here

2 comments:

Julie said...

Spectacular. Awesome. And all the good adjectives I can think of. Two thumbs way up. I love this poem. It does everything a poem should do. Again, I love your title. And I wish I could do the slip stream through time.

gerry boyd said...

Agree. This is perfect. Bravo!