Friday, March 05, 2010

way out to lunch

I have to report, because someone will comment about M. getting sick last week and my timing was off, so I’ll explain: this poem was getting warmed like buns in the oven since last week. I generally write them as they occur. Occasionally this is a diary of sort, but this time other things crept in and this piece had to wait.

So the story is that M. had the fever and is now ok. You can bank on it. So now read about it.


way out to lunch

out to good food lunch,
maybe the air was bad, of vegetable we had
a colorful mood bunch,
she liked it, that’s my hunch

though she didn’t say,
just went home then, the bus ride way, easy,
later that evening
she began feeling queasy

when up came a flash fever
she decided to chuck it,
couldn’t just leave her,
so i manned the bucket

5 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

So kind of you to man that bucket!

Thanks for stopping by today. I'm very flattered to see WM on your blogroll. xx

TomC said...

It always pays to keep a chuck it bucket in the home. Good to see that The Man was Johnny on the spot. Good to read that M is fine.

Annie said...

Since we've all had fevers and upchucked, and relied on loved ones to help us, I guess it's okay to laugh with M.'s discomfort, the way you've written this poem! I'm glad she's feeling better, and that you were there to help her!

Andy Sewina said...

Yeah like the way this rhymes!!

jack sender said...

yeah, chuck it, bucket . . . i couldn't think of anything else, so i said
the hell with it.