Monday, August 15, 2011

why i'm not writing everyday

a second summer tooth extraction
this one fractured on a rock
in take-out Chinese food,
kidnee stones, broken toe on my bear pad foot.

and i could be writing poetry
but got distracted.
how’s your summer?

i claim all the trees i see
and the three gulls above
in steady wind just right
that float near still like kites in a photograph

off shore wind
yellow morning sun
seventy eight degrees
still air, no breeze down here

a perfect day just now has begun


(  Note:  I wrote a word incorrectly in the above because in an effort to make more money Blogspot has sold out to a medical information company and alters blogs with difficult to delete site links.  More and more in this Twentyfirst Century it's all about money. )

5 comments:

Annie said...

I hope what's left of your summer goes better, and your perfect day is a new beginning. I always look forward to reading your poetry. I like this line: and I could be writing poetry but got distracted.

jack sender said...

Thank you, Annie.
My tooth is pulled,
the day is young.
Let's all work hard and do better.

TomC said...

All "part of the journey" as a pal of mine once said. Good to see some words from you nonetheless...

jack sender said...

Tom, i wrote "when she asked me" for you
so you'd have something to read while
dunking your morning coffee donut.
and, for you too, Annie.

jack sender said...

oh, Annie, i didn't know you were a morning donut gobbler.