Friday, February 10, 2012

the morning

with the commotion at night, the way
the moon and stars rock around
you’d think we would hear stretching sounds
or at least an echo

rising is the nature of the business
on the quick side of the clock
in first light, birds and critters, me and you
after a good sleep night, got ‘a go

the morning has its strength on then
straight up and at it, when, no horsing around
you can watch it go, my heavens.
time rolling into another new day rhythm

i love the sidewalks then
dashed with a streak
bright as butter yellow when
sneaking through the trees

2 comments:

Annie said...

I love, also, the early morning, or late afternoon light, with sun streaking through the trees. I also enjoy your opening stanza.

Marja said...

Love this poem and my favourite line is "bright as butter yellow when sneaking through the trees"
BTW my mum booked our trip We will spend a week in Italy and 3 day in Rome. Can't wait to see your city