Thursday, October 10, 2013

three errors


impatient to go
couldn't find my keys
at last found them in my bag
they belong in my right pants pocket.

going down the stairs
i remembered my phone, go back,
unlocked the door, went in, searched
until i found it where it shouldn't be.

while inside i remembered
to check the gas.   i had left it open.
valves were off, ok; but
i close the tank for safety, always.

keys, phone, gas.  ID in my pocket
all was in order.
on the street i stopped,
made note of my errors.

noting errors is not important
remembering to think is.
if i have to make note to
remember to think i will.



when the first baseman
makes three errors
he gets to think about it
while sitting on the bench.

no one has taken me out
i am still in this game
will do the best i can. i believe Yogi
"it's not over 'til it's over."

1 comment:

Annie said...

Still in the game, is a good philosophy... If you can remember what you've forgotten, you're still doing good- at least that's what I tell myself, while looking for my keys and my phone and making sure the coffee pot is off and the door is locked.