Sunday, December 21, 2008

coffee to go

Juliano, I’ll have another Coffee Wombley, please
yeah, I don’t know either, just made it up
sounds Presidential, doesn’t it?
oh, and here's today's poem


after a night of solid slumber
roaming velvet treasure swirls
it’s a pleasure to emerge to exchange my
fogged over dream form
for this dogged down worn wrapping that I use everyday,
with substance enough to function,
to get another calendar page torn,
as back to the strife of life in this world I’m reborn



What’s that Juliano? Oh, thanks, you really think so?
but I didn’t spend hours on my hair,
it does it by itself,
I sleep spinning on my head

turn down the music
both hands on the wheel
take your time, remember to smile
you know that I know how you feel

if you want to know more
then buy the book
if you have to ask where
it's not worth the price,
one may question your judgment
and throw away twice
the dream cocoon you crawled out of
soggy, yet still crispy on the edges
have a nice day, Earthling
you too, Juliano

2 comments:

TomC said...

Thanks! I will have one of what ever you are having.

Annie said...

I like your poem within a poem. The image we keep of ourselves does not match the image of our dreams, or the image in the mirror. We are that younger self, and we appreciate every day.

Great lines: ... (exchange) this dogged down worn wrapping that I use everyday, with substance enough to function, to get another calendar page torn...

The poem within a poem could stand alone, but I like the curious way you've presented it, leaving me guessing, and re-reading again for the nuances.