Thursday, May 07, 2009

time to return


Birds do it, bees do it. It must be good for you or at least a lot of fun. Yes it is fun. This isn’t about knock your socks off sex. This is migration.

First there were signs of a change in the weather when I quit wearing my heavy coat. Then my jacket was put aside. Yesterday I wore just a t-shirt. Tomorrow we fly from our winter Rome to summer Ohio.



nearly summer
time to return
this morning as i prepared hard
to get my things in order,
well, thinking about it,
she said to me,
i know how you’ll pack
a bunch balled up in a suitcase
with wires sticking out

okay,
so,
i wasn’t angry with her
in fact i laughed inside, hah, like that
because of my ability to recognize love
in it’s many forms
and know i have warm feelings for
wires and stuff like that
and then made a sandwich

No comments: