Tuesday, February 07, 2023

Best about the job

 Getting to the job was the best when I could time it.

I took my boat from its home slip in Sausalito,

cruised across San Francisco.Bay

to a dock in downtown the San Francisco.


There were completely open areas in front of a restaurant.

I asked the man there when I pulled alongside 

“Do you know who owns this dock? “


he repplied, “this is my restaurant so i Do.”

I could have searched for a month and never found him.

Instead I pulled up and there he was.


I don’t come over with my boat often

Could I tie up here for an hour or two a couple times a month?  All of san Francisco is spread out there. I record commercials in a studio that is in that building over there.

He said “sure” and that was that,


Had I gone the regular way I’d have to dock

about a half mile away at pier 39 and pay commercial docking rates, i don’t want to know how much that would cost.  

The man said I could tie up at his restaurant for no cost.


So now and then I came over on my boat from our home dock in Sausalito.

Docked here and walked across the street to The recording i

Ok When possible we timed it so Meri instead of taking a bus

could get a boat ride home after work.

No comments: