Friday, August 04, 2023

recoating asphalt

 

Two guys were putting more hot shiny

Black oil on the drive.

She watched out the windows,

“I want to do that,” She said.


I stayed away, didn’t even want to smell it.

I worried the bunnies would get it on their feet.

Keep away everyone.  It’s hopeless black gook.

You’re cooked if you’re near it.


This is a clean new driveway.

I’ll look at it, but I sure don’t want to smell it.

Makes me think about

Giving up coffee.



9:10


She’s out there with a chair.

The mailman doesn’t come for another hour,

But we have a good mailman 

and one who’ll walk right through it.


Okay, now so the workers were saying

They were up in Avon and put flags across the road

And people lift the flags and walk right across.

Parents and kids don’t pay attention.


Shawn the good mailman came

And he did well, stepped carefully.

Now we wait 24 hours and all will be well.

Asphalt Days are behind us.





No comments: