Monday, March 02, 2009

fiction is stranger than truth

the one who said truth
is stranger than fiction
brought cookies, apples or flowers
to the teacher everyday

wagged his hand so much
trying to answer all the questions
that he lost blood circulation in his arm
they nearly had to amputate

always had hair evenly parted on the same side
wore a cute little red sport coat
kept it neatly buttoned
even on the playground

never believed in
monsters from space
tried to be the peacemaker when
we played cowboys and Indians

in short, was a dullard
possessed absolutely
not so much as a speck
of imagination whatsoever

ran under a tree in a thunderstorm
was struck by lightening
six times and was toast
I do so verify

3 comments:

TomC said...

Jack... some of your work really rings my bell. This one really has it clanging away. Thanks.

Annie said...

Say it isn't true! (I feel sorry for the boy.)

jack sender said...

I'll say it. It isn't true.

It is my belief that truth is not stranger than fiction.

(This comment has been written by Jack's dog. When he awakens from his nap I will tell him what I have done. He will be pleased that I have learned how to type.)