Thursday, May 27, 2010

at times i wonder - Reprise

I've over a thousand poems on line now, a thousand was my goal since I was a kid,
so I'll be slowing the out put now, and will concentrate on some other creative endeavors.

Thanks to everyone who has stopped to read a few and offered support.

Here's something I put on the web Wednesday, October 15, 2008, It's lyrics to a song I wrote in the late 70s, but never did anything with, but have played it for my friends. The words still hold water.

To all, continued best wishes, Jack Sender



at times i wonder how the old boys are doing
and the ladies i met along the way
we had our moments and our pleasures
seems like it was just the other day

there were some good times that i thought were never ending
sometimes i think just like a child
they say the nights are colder when you’re older
i guess we’ll find out in just a while

take good care of your self you’re a lot like me
take good care of yourself you’ve been good company
and when i thought it wouldn’t end
there’s nothing now like there was then

once in a while when a cold wind is blowing
i’ll ride off on some memory
i may visit you when you're sleeping
don’t mind it’s just a fantasy

the gears of time are always shifting
there’s nights i wake in dreams so real
like the tide i keep on drifting
just telling you now so you know how i feel

take good care of yourself you’re a lot like me
take good care of yourself you’ve been like family
if my life was a book too torn to mend
i’d flip back to see how it would end
and if i never see your face again
here’s wishing you only good luck 'til the end

7 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Jack,

Thanks for posting this song. It leaves me with a good feeling, a little sad, but not bittersweet. Your poems have meant a lot to me; so I’m looking forward to the future of them, whenever and whatever you decide to post. I hope you’ll keep your readers updated on all of your creative endeavors.

Ruahines said...

Kia ora Jack,
All in the blink of an eye. Congrats on a very cool milestone. I am newcomer but very much enjoy the recent discovery. Kia kaha!
Cheers,
Robb

jack sender said...

Kia ora Robb, thanks again for your supposrt, and remember there is a pile on file in the archives to check out.
Right now is a busy time, we'll see what happens.

jack sender said...

Thanks, Annie. It’s only sad until you realize that it’s necessary for every complete package has a beginning a middle and an end.

TomC said...

It has been a damn fine ride old friend. Now, I can go back to not liking poetry.

Annie said...

Hey, Tom- What about mine? And yours?

Hi Jack,
I was actually referring to your beautiful song, which I could better describe as heartwarming, not a little sad, because reading it does leave me with a good feeling. I understand your decision to leave off the demands of daily publishing. You've achieved a goal, and created a worthwhile body of work. Thank you for sharing your world!

jack sender said...

Thanks, Tom, hope to see you again soon.

I'm going back to watching frogs while I wait for the expanded version of your book -
Badass: The Harley-Davidson Experience.

very best wishes to you and the family.