Monday, October 14, 2019

Paradox - some places have poetry on or coming out of them

some places have poetry on or coming out of them
i’ve found them by carefully examining small beach stones,
under trees and near water, on forgotten notes in the pockets
of jackets i haven’t worn for a while,

i found poetry on city streets, especially at corners,
in crowded stores when the music’s not too loud
or on buses, on hot days or in rain or snow.
when vehicle gears shift and someone is directing traffic,

i feel poetry when i’m there, later, or passing by
no telling why it is so, a fireplace helps,
the coffee shop when the dream starts, or birds fly
a cloud tilts a certain way, how the waitress
places the menu down and walks
already a block away in her mind,

i feel poetry in the touch of polished old hand rail,
while taking a soft carpeted stair
and in the colors in a painting,
a landscape i once saw in a museum
that reminds me of poetry
in some place i want to be

and, about you,
do you feel poetry today?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my first time go to see at here and i am actually happy to read all at alone place.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew
where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?
I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having difficulty
finding one? Thanks a lot!

jack sender said...

I have no idea about the captcha plugin.
I move ahead as best I can.

jack sender said...

I checked again...
I have no need for the plugin,
blogger takes care of me.