Friday, October 25, 2019

seeing Tim

at the tree dedication for Chris and Jesse,
Tim, you said hi, and we moved on.
i was surprised. i haven't been home for a while,
people don't often know me.

i can't drive to your years ago place in Rye Beach.
won't find you in the non-existing phone book.
can't go back in time for a Monday to see you in school.
so here we are.

my brother thought your dad the greatest coach.
i had him for one civics class.
he told us we had one thing to learn in that class,
he wrote it on the chalkboard, 

1066, The year of the Battle of Hastings.

no one has ever asked me when it occurred,
he didn't teach us about that turning point in history,
but, because he said to, i'll always remember the year.
your dad was a heck of a fine guy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My developer is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP.
I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.

But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using
WordPress on a number of websites for about a year and am nervous about switching to another platform.

I have heard great things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress
posts into it? Any help would be really appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Usually I do not learn post on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do
it! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, quite
nice post.

Anonymous said...

You really make it appear so easy along with your presentation but I to find this matter to be actually one thing which I believe I'd by no means
understand. It sort of feels too complicated and very large for me.
I am taking a look forward on your subsequent post, I will try to get
the hang of it!

jack sender said...

i know nothing of word press.

"get the hang of it"...enjoy yourself.